The majority of homeowners that responded to the January 2018 survey voted in favor of combined cable and internet services and this is the option that was chosen for the new Comcast contract. The Board of Directors voted to renew the 3-year Comcast bulk program with a start date of May 1, 2018 and end date of April 30, 2021.
Currently, 69% of homeowners are participating in the Comcast bulk cable and internet program. The more homeowners that participate in the bulk program, the lower the monthly cost will be for everyone. Only homeowners that participate in the program will be billed for the bulk cable and internet services.
The Comcast bulk program includes both cable and high-speed internet services for Pinebrook homeowners at a discounted rate. It offers significant savings over purchasing cable and internet individually through Comcast.
The cost for bulk cable and internet services from June 1, 2019 – April 30, 2020 is $89.47 per month. This rate will continue to go down as more homeowners participate in the program.
There are no “cable only” or “internet only” options for the bulk contract. Homeowners who only want cable or internet will need to order these services directly through Comcast or from another service provider of their choice.
The bulk cable and internet program for Pinebrook homeowners includes:
- Cable pricing for 2019-2020 maintained at the 2018 rate.
- No installation fees for participating homeowners.
- Digital Starter lineup channels with a range of 200+ channels and Music Choice.
- High Definition Digital Starter lineup channels included at no additional cost (regular price is $10.00/month)
- FREE modem for high-speed 60 mbps internet service. This speed can handle 2-6 devices at a time and is good for multi-device streaming, music, videos and photos. (regular price is $79.95/month)
- FREE upgrade to the X1 cable box which includes a voice-activated remote, On-Demand programming, integrated connection to Netflix, and more. (regular price is $24.00/month)
- Homeowners can choose to upgrade to the X1 DVR (digital video recorder) cable box for $10.00/month. The X1 DVR can record up to 6 shows at a time, store up to 50 hours of high-definition/standard programming, has 4-speed Fast Forward/Rewind, and a parental lock feature to secure recorded programs.
NOTE: Homeowners have the option of purchasing their own modem or renting one from Comcast. There is no monthly rental fee for the modem. Homeowners may use their existing modem and router if they meet the technology requirements.
The following requirements apply to the Comcast bulk cable and internet program:
- The bulk cable and internet program is open to all current Pinebrook homeowners.
- Homeowners can join the bulk cable and internet program at any time throughout the year by contacting New Concepts Management. There is no annual enrollment period.
- A homeowner (new or existing) may only opt-out of the bulk program when the bulk services contract is up for renewal. The next contract renewal period will be in the spring of 2021.
- If a home is sold, the bulk cable and internet services stay with the property address and are automatically transferred to the new homeowner for the remainder of the contract term.
- The bulk cable and internet program is not transferable to addresses outside of Pinebrook.
- Homeowners agree to participate for the entire length of the 3-year contract as this guarantees all homeowners a set rate for the contract period. Contract term is May 1, 2018 – April 30, 2021.
- The monthly cost for cable and internet services may be adjusted each year on May 1. Costs may vary depending on a potential annual rate increase (maximum of 3%), taxes, franchise fees, government/ education fees, and the total number of homeowners that are participating in the program.
- Late or non-payment of bulk cable and internet services will result in Association late fees.
BILLING FOR BULK CABLE & INTERNET SERVICES
Bulk cable and internet services are billed directly to homeowners through their New Concepts homeowner’s account. Only homeowners registered for the Pinebrook bulk cable and internet program will receive a charge on their account for these services.
- Payment for bulk cable and internet is due on the first day of the month along with your monthly Association dues.
- Bulk cable and internet services are listed on your monthly statement as a separate line item from your Association dues. Your statement will show a total amount due for both your monthly Association dues and your bulk cable and internet services.
- Homeowner statements can be viewed at any time on the Association website.
- Late or non-payment of bulk cable and internet services will result in Association late fees. Cable and internet services may be disconnected for homeowners with delinquent or past-due accounts.
- If you are a new Comcast customer, there will be an initial hook up fee that will be billed directly to you by Comcast.
- Any premium channels (HBO, Starz, MLB, NFL, etc.), additional channel tiers, phone service, the X1 DVR box as well as any additional equipment or service upgrades need to be ordered through Comcast. Comcast will bill homeowners directly for any upgrades or additional services.
QUESTIONS & PROGRAM REGISTRATION
Contact Brian Sneltjes or Jennifer Piper at New Concepts Management at 952-922-2500.