The Pet Rules are a part of the Association Rules & Regulations. All homeowners and residents should have copies of the rules. The full Association Rules & Regulations (including the Pet Rules) can be found on the Association website. You may also contact New Concepts for a copy.
Pet owners who violate any rules, who do not pick up after their pet, or whose pet causes damage to the property will be fined.
Every owner and resident, and their guests, shall comply with the Pet Rules and Regulations and with all applicable laws in regard to the City of Eden Prairie and the Association. The violation of any Rule or Regulation shall subject the owner and/or resident, or both, to fines or other penalties as determined by the Association Board of Directors as provided in the Declaration, By-Laws, or the Uniform Condominium Act.
1. All Homeowners and residents must register their pet(s) with the Association. The Pet Registration Form can be downloaded from the Association website or can be requested from the Property Management Company.
2. No more than two (2) pets are permitted in a Family Unit provided that no animal shall weigh more than 40 pounds. Allowable pets are dogs, domestic cats, small birds, fish, and common small caged animals (e.g. hamsters). Exotic animals (e.g. snakes, lizards, alligators, etc.) are not allowed.
- Owners must comply with all of the City of Eden Prairie’s pet regulations including licensing, leash laws and animal waste.
- All dogs 6 months and older are required to be licensed with the City of Eden Prairie. Owners are required to show proof of rabies vaccination upon purchase of license. Licenses run on a calendar year and are issued for a two-year cycle. Licenses must be purchased at the Eden Prairie City Center (City Hall) at 8080 Mitchell Road.
- The City of Eden Prairie requires pets to be on a leash, not to exceed 6 feet in length, when they are not at home.
- The City of Eden Prairie requires owners to immediately pick up after their pet on any public or private property owned by another.
3. The following breed of dog shall NOT be permitted in a Family Unit:
- Pit bull
4. Pet dog(s) or pet cat(s) must be on a leash controlled by owner at all times while in the Common Areas (which includes roadways).
5. Kennels, dog houses, animal crates and animal pens of any kind are prohibited on patios, in yards and Common Areas.
6. Pet Stakes and Leashes
- Pet dog(s) or pet cat(s) may be staked near the pet owner’s patio while the owner is outdoors in attendance with the pet.
- Stakes may be placed only in the rock bed if the resident pulls the resulting weeds.
- Pet leashes may be kept on the patio (but not on the grass) when not in use.
- Leashes and/or chains may not be attached to fencing, fence posts, trees, shrubs, gas meters, gutters, or pipes.
- Owners will be responsible for any damages resulting from the use of a pet stake or leash and will be ticketed and/or fined.
7. Pet Waste
- Owners shall be required to immediately pick up waste made by pet dog(s) or pet cat(s) on the Common Areas and the yard areas by the owner’s unit.
- Owners shouldn’t let their pet roam over to the neighbor’s yard to do its business.
- Owners who do not pick up after their pet(s) or whose pet causes damage to the property will be ticketed and/or fined.
8. Owners are responsible for any damages caused by their pet to the grass, shrubs, fencing, trees or any of the Common Areas. This includes the yard areas by the owner’s home. Owners will be responsible for any damage caused by their pet(s) damage to the property and will be ticketed and/or fined.
9. No pets of any kind shall be bred or raised in the Family Unit or in the Common Areas.
10. Owners who keep pet(s) within their Family Unit shall make all reasonable efforts to insure that their pet(s) do not/does not create a nuisance, objectionable odors or unreasonable noises.
- Any pet(s) causing or creating a nuisance, objectionable odor, or an unreasonable disturbance, may be removed from the condominium areas upon three (3) days written notice from the Association Board of Directors to the owner and/or resident of the Family Unit containing the pet.
11. Owners of a Family Unit and of pet(s) shall assume full liability for, including but not limited to, all damage to persons or property resulting from the presence and actions of the pet in Pinebrook Carriage Homes Areas.
If you have questions about the Pet Rules, please contact New Concepts.